TOWeb Studio Edition 7.0.7 macOS
Name: TOWeb Mac
Developer: Lauyan Software
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.6 or later
Web Site: https://www.lauyan.com/en/index.html
A straightforward application that enables you to quickly and effortlessly create your own webpage by customizing one of the built-in website templates
TOWeb is a multi-platform website creation solution for users that need a fast way to create personalized responsive and multilingual websites.
TOWeb promises to help you build your own modern HTML5 and CSS3 website that can be easily loaded on a wide variety of devices that range from smartphone to tablets, Macs, PCs and smart TVs.
Quickly build, modify and publish a website using one of the featured templates
To get started, you just have to browse through TOWeb’s template collection and select the design that you like the most. You also have the option to preview the template before starting to edit and modify it.
TOWeb helps you modify almost every aspect of the website, starting with the name, content, notes and colors. Thanks to the Smart Edit function, you’ll be able to go through all featured text and graphic elements and perform the desired modifications.
Smart Edit feature for applying changes and preview them in real time
Moreover, TOWeb enables you to seamlessly integrate links and buttons for various social networks and optimize your page for search engines. In addition, you can protect the published content by restricting access to the desired topic.
Furthermore, TOWeb allows you to implement e-commerce and shopping features, translate your website in different languages, use advertising, provide RSS feeds and more.
Before publishing your website you need to configure your web hosting service and make the necessary changes in order to successfully take your website online.
Wine-based website design and publishing utility with responsive web design and e-commerce support
Unfortunately, although TOWeb looks good on paper, in reality it is a Windows application brought to the Mac with the help of Wine. As a result, TOWeb performed quite poorly during our testing period and crashed more than a couple of times.
On top of that, TOWeb’s interface is counter-intuitive and unresponsive, a fact that will push away prospective buyers. Hopefully, future versions of TOWeb will bring major fixes, as well as improvements and a macOS native version.
What’s New in TOWeb Studio Edition 7.0.7
- Opening a link in another tab of a web browser could disregard its specified relationship. Note: opening a link in another tab of a browser is not advisable and therefore to avoid as much as possible on your site but if you must use it then for security reasons prefer it is advisable to use the relationship “noreferrer ”
- For the objects “Plan & price” and “Sheet”, the opening of their links were systematically put in automatic mode
- Support of the Mercanet online payment system used by the French BNP bank
- IPN scripting is now possible for PayZen, Sogecommerce and SystemPay online payments (using an IPN script on your site is only necessary if you are selling digital products). If you were already using one of these payment methods, please see how to update your payments
- An incorrect character “/” was added as parameter in URLs when returning from the payment system Klik & Pay. If you were previously using Klik&Pay on your site then please see how to update your payment
- Bugfix when starting TOWeb Portable for Windows
- The label and default value of a customizable field set for a product could disregard the language in a multilingual site
- A detection of the orders’ subdirectory on the web space has been added to the script in charge sending the orders of an eCommerce site in order to dynamically recreate it if it was not originally created and/or was deleted